Out of This World Treasure
*You are purchasing an Out of This World Treasure with light gray backing*
Your baby will love our Out of This World minky lovey. A Jack & Bay mini security blanket is called a TREASURE.
- What is a TREASURE
We get this question a lot! A treasure is a twist on my son's security item: a crocheted pot holder from the 1960s that his great grandmother made. We were going through old boxes when he found it. He immediately snuggled up to it! 3 years later, he is attached to it and still sleeps with his treasure every single night.
- What makes the TREASURE different
Our treasure isn’t an ordinary lovey or security blanket for a baby or child. The waffle gauze material is unique as it is made with extra cotton to make it more absorbent than a muslin swaddle. The weaving of the waffle gauze provides a different tactile experience. Providing sensory experiences for children is beneficial to their overall development. The waffle material is a texture that little ones love to rub on their cheeks for comfort and while providing sensory input.
- provides comfort in unfamiliar environments (drop off at childcare/ separation anxiety when caregiver isn’t around)
- familiar object during new experiences (while traveling/medical procedure)
- tactile and sensory experiences
- makes bedtime routine more enjoyable
- creates a homelike atmosphere for NICU and PICU babes
As a company, we believe in the safety of your precious little ones and the peace of mind for you, so we encourage caregivers to use caution with allowing toys and bedding in a child's crib or bed. Please consult your baby's physician and the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for safe sleep practices.
- How to help your baby/toddler attach to their treasure
Children tend to attach themselves to an object as they become close to one year old. As the attachment begins to form, your baby will start to smile when they see it, nuzzle the treasure when they are tired and reach for it when they are upset. Ways to help your little one love their treasure:
- when you receive the treasure, sleep with it for a few nights. This will transfer your scent.
- place the treasure on your chest as you nurse or bottle feed your baby
- when holding your baby, rub the treasure against their hands
- keep the treasure in the stroller when on a walk
- play peek a boo with it
Wash and Care
- we recommend using dye and perfume free laundry detergent
- wash on cold and delicate/hand wash cycle
- best to lay flat to dry
- if in a pinch, tumble dry on low/no heat and remove promptly
- never iron as printed fabric may transfer due to heat
- each treasure is handmade in Valdese, NC with US and imported materials
- printed minky is 100% polyester
- waffle gauze is 100% cotton
- treasure is approximately 17" (may vary up to an inch due each piece of fabric being cut by hand and how the pieces are sewn together)
- we do not accept exchanges or returns, but please contact us if you have problems with your order
- colors and pattern placement may vary
- always supervise when in use
- inspect daily for wear and tear
Needing a gift for a mom to be or new mom
Check out keychain wristlets! It's the must have product for any mom!